Friday, March 6, 2009

Morning musings

I'm so excited! Tomorrow I'm driving to Cincinnati to see my friend Bonnie! I met Bonnie a few years ago at a concert and we've kept in touch via email and myspace. Since that first concert, we've only gotten together a couple of times...the most recent being two years ago in New York City. We're having a slumber party tomorrow night. Slumber parties are as much fun for me now as they were when I was 10! I'll spend Sunday with Bonnie (and hopefully get to see her husband, Rob, and daughter, Macy) before driving on to Knoxville.



It's been a good week. I received a letter from Journey. Her letters are like treasure chests arriving through the mail. She sent me an Artful Blogging magazine, which I'm enjoying tremendously. I'm rationing out the articles, allowing myself only one at a time in order to savor the joy. Journey encourages me to "mine the vein of creativity." I'm trying! What forms of creativity flow through your life? Reading other people's blogs, I'm amazed at the talent that is out there! How lucky we are to live in a time of such technological advances that we're able to see the works of others by the click of a mouse!



Since I'm going to be away from my fur-babies for several days, I've been loading up on pictures of their sweet little faces.






One of Tyler's favorite spots is on the daybed in our guest room. The room gets lots of morning sun and he's content to nap there for hours. Lately he and Toby have been sharing the space! Cats are such nap masters!










Finally a picture of Lacey showing her standing! Doesn't she look like she's wearing boots and walking on her tiptoes? Our vet tech, Rachel, calls Lacey "the ballerina"

















Dolly isn't the least bit shy! Just like her namesake, she's lively and bold! (and full-figured LOL)



















A moment of silliness...I'm generally only comfortable from the other side of the camera but I decided to take this shot sans make-up and all! Maybe some of Dolly's boldness is rubbing off on me!







Photography is a hobby that I have loved for years but had fallen out of the habit of taking pictures, mainly because I was using a film camera and it just wasn't convenient. Since buying my Olympus digital in October I've rediscovered how much fun it can be to take pictures! I know several of you are saying "I told you so" right about now! You're right!

I do want to begin exploring some other avenues of creativity. I'd love to hear about your's. Please share!






No comments:

Post a Comment