Sunday, December 18, 2011

Double Thick Baked Potato-Cheese Soup

Those of you who know me well are probably shocked that I'm blogging a recipe but I love this soup and thought I'd share the recipe. It's taken from a slow-cooker recipe book but I don't know which one because I left the cookbook with Randy and just have the photocopy.

Ingredients:
2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions, divided
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (I usually use 8 ounces because that's what comes in the bag and you can never have too much cheese :)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk
Black peper

Directions:
1. Combine potatoes, soup, 1 cup green onions, garlic powder and red pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 8 hours.

2. Add cheese, sour cream, and milk; stir until cheese has completely melted. Cover and cook on HIGH an additional 10 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper. Garnish with remaining green onions.

Makes 7 servings.

Enjoy. And feel free to invite me over whenever you're making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment