Thursday, May 19, 2011

Generosity of Spirit

Mavis and I were talking last night about those with a generosity of spirit. Some people seem to have an innate ability to give to others. I am blessed to know several of that type of people and wanted to share three work stories with you all...

One day last week I was admiring the pink purse a coworker was carrying. It was just so darn cute that I couldn't resist asking her where she got it. She told me but then responded "you can have it. It's too small for me." I was shocked.

Today I came in to find one of my good friends at work had gifted me with a lovely red leather tote bag that I have long admired. She's moved into a larger bag and knew I loved this one.

Another colleague/friend at the office is a soon-to-be published author. He knows how fascinated I am with all things writing-related so he has been sharing excerpts of his second novel with me and graciously allowing me to participate by asking my thoughts on aspects of the book. He also shares suggestions for nurturing my own creative side.

And you know what this leads me to realize? That in all likelihood there are more generous-spirited people out there than we might realize, if we just stop and notice.

How about you, do you find this to be true in your life? I would love to hear about some of your experiences on this topic. Please share...

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment