Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Old Same

Has it really been three months since I blogged? Time really does speed by, doesn't it?

This blog is for my very special friend, my Old Same, Journey. Journey and I met when I attended a Simple Abundance workshop in Sedona. I don't remember much about what was said in that workshop but I have vivid memories of my conversation with Journey. We were sitting outside at lunch and in my memories the sun beams seemed to shine like a spotlight. We discussed our love of travel and of letters. We exchanged addresses and agreed to write. That was May 14, 2005 and our correspondence friendship began that day.

Journey's letters are so unlike mine - or those of anyone else I have ever corresponded with. Her letters, which usually come in a nice fat packet (often decorated as mail art) reflect her intense love affair with journaling. They include things that she has found on her travels or in publications. I feel like I'm with her when she travels as she clearly is thinking of things to share with me. Journey urges and inspires me to be more creative. She's my inspiration, my teacher, my friend, and my Old Same.

When I received an email from her husband, Rick, tonight letting me know that Journey is very ill my heart clinched. I reach out here to express my love and gratitude for Journey and my requests for prayers for her recovery.

Be well, my Old Same. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment