Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Finger-Lickin' Good Time

Hi Everyone, I've had such a fun week! I returned from Tennessee on Monday so that I could attend a book signing on Tuesday. My very favorite series in the entire world is the Stephanie Plum novels. This week was the long-awaited release of Finger-Lickin' Fifteen. A few weeks ago I saw on Evanovich.com that Janet Evanovich would be signing books at the Cherry Hill Barnes and Noble, which is close to my house! Needless to say, I knew I wanted to be there for that.







What a treat to be the first stop on Janet's book tour and on release date no less!











Luckily, Mavis was also available to go so we decided to meet at the store at 7 a.m. to get our bracelets for the signing. I arrived at 6:45 and was the first one there - by a long shot! :) Mavis arrived a few minutes later. Around 7:30 we were joined by a nice woman, Karen. Talking to Mavis and Karen made the time pass quickly. Karen (to my right) was so friendly and pleasant that it soon seemed like we'd known her forever.



I guess the early bird does catch the worm...or in this case...the first bracelet. Which turned out to be even more exciting since Barnes and Noble arranged us by numbers so I got to be FIRST in line to meet Janet!!!










This was the first major event at the new Barnes and Noble in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. The management did a FANTASTIC job of seeing that everything ran smoothly. The manager, Anne, was so sweet and so dedicated to providing a fun experience for all in attendance. I'm sure her day wasn't easy but she kept her smile. She even recognized me later in the day and commented on my being the first in line!



We enjoyed talking to Janet's daughter, Alex, who was a real sweetie and has a terrific sense of humor.

From L->R: Karen, me, Alex, Mavis






It was a real honor to meet author Janet Evanovich. She asked what I had to do to get the #1 bracelet. I think she was surprised when I told her I arrived at 6:45 a.m. It was sooooooooo worth it!









With Mavis and Mr. Clucky







If you haven't read the Stephanie Plum novels, you really should go out and get One for the Money right now. I highly recommend reading them in order. But be warned...they are addictive. Once you've read one, you'll want to read them all.




Of course I have to add a picture of one of my babies...here's Punkin' sunning himself on the porch. He's forgotten that he's feral and spends a lot of his time sitting by the door looking in. I feel so bad...I want to bring him in too! He's letting us pet him now and is quite the little mush-ball.





I hope you're having a good day. I'll be back in the next few days with pictures of my Tennessee reunion with childhood friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment