Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hi there...remember me?

Hello again. I know it's been a very long time since I've stopped by my own blog site. That's a pretty sad statement isn't it? I'm back from my vacation and looking forward to sharing pictures with you. We have some new kitties in our neighborhood and I'll be putting their photos up around here too but for right now I just wanted to share a couple of fascinating Web sites I've discovered and hope you'll pop over and check them out. It'll give you something to read while I'm trying to compose something here! Ha! How arrogant does THAT sound??? I'm actually only kidding about my own writing but I am SO EXCITED about these two new places I've discovered that I would love a chance to discuss them with you.

The first is the Web site of a musical artist I particularly like ("I'm Your's and "Lucky" are two of his songs playing on the airwaves these days). If you haven't heard Jason Mraz, by all means, check him out. His Web site is jasonmraz.com. What I really like about his site is his "journal" pages. Mr. Mraz has some very cool writings about philosophy and life experiences there. Apparently he is a student of world teachings and does yoga and other reflective practices. Not necessarily what you would expect to find on a musicians Web site, huh? I find his writings both thought provoking and inspiring.

As a result of my reading his blogs I discovered another fabulous Web site... called The Story of Stuff. This 20 minute video about how we, as consumers, are over-using our planet's resources is powerful! I do hope you will check out The Story of Stuff and pass it along to your friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Please come back soon - I promise I'll do better about showing up here. Thanks loads for your patience and your gentle nudges!

No comments:

Post a Comment