Monday, July 27, 2009

"Oh, I want to go there..."

Happy Monday Everyone!


Do you ever daydream about places you want to go someday or things you want to see? It's a frequent hobby of mine and I'm constantly adding to the list. Today I've added a place and put it near the top of my list! My friend Barb lives in Calgary (Alberta, Canada). She took a bit of a road trip and sent me some fantastic pictures of what she saw! Just looking at her pictures has been like a mini-vacation! I'm so grateful that she shared them with me and agreed to let me post them here. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!



Aren't these begonias striking? I've never seen orange ones before! I love the way the light hits them - they remind me of a tropical sunset!


Barb identified this as Gap Lake - I've never heard of it but I want to go! It's so different from anything around here. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! How cold do you think the water is this time of year? And how breath-taking this place must be with snow on the mountains!










Barb described this as the outskirts of Canmore (Alberta, Canada). The mountains are called the Three Sisters. I've heard the Canadian Rockies are spectacular and from this shot, I can believe it. Notice how clean and fresh everything looks, too! Even though I'm terrified of mountains, I really want to see this area for myself now. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures Barb. It's so fun for me to see places where my friends live and I love adding new "must go there" places to my list!!!

Dolly isn't much of a traveler. She's perfectly content to stay at home and dream about whatever cats dream about. She looks pretty comfy, doesn't she?

I hope that you're exactly where you want to be today. And if not, I hope you have ideas of where you want to go! Dreaming about someday trips makes me happy even when I have no trips planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment