Thursday, September 3, 2009

I need to pay more attention

Hi there ~
Have you ever had a moment when you think "is it really safe for me to be out on my own?" Yesterday I went to the mall that is near my house. In the 8+ years I've lived here I've been in that mall 100s of times (okay that might be an exaggeration but then again, maybe not). I was walking towards Macy's when I noticed this:


My first thought was "what a cool fountain, I wonder when they installed THAT!" The more I thought about it the more curious I was as to how long it had been there. I went into Macy's and asked someone at the Clinique counter. She said it has been there for many years but that the water is not always running.

Wow, it's pretty scary to think that I might have walked by an elephant in the mall hundreds of times and not noticed it! Another frightening thought is that at some point I had noticed it and completely forgotten it to the point where it seemed brand new to me.

I clearly need to be more aware of my surroundings. There could be a zebra in my backseat someday! Maybe I should also start dropping bread crumbs in order to find my way home!

Has this ever happened to you? Or maybe it has and you just haven't realized it yet ~ until yesterday I would have answered the question with a "no!" I challenge you to look around and see if there's something you've been missing! You can respond here or if you prefer, you can email me your answers I'll post them here and if you send me a picture I'll include it too!


This is an older picture of Toby but I love his curiousity.

Have a great evening and be sure to look around you. There may be an elephant looking over your shoulder!

No comments:

Post a Comment