Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Month

Hi Everyone,

Happy September! It's hard to believe Labor Day is just around the corner and school will be starting back soon. I don't have anything lined up yet but know that for many of you there are bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils in your near future. Back-to-school was always so much fun as a kid ~ new clothes, new teachers, etc. What special memories does September hold for you?

I'm pretty excited about September! On September 12 & 13 MEOW (Calgary, Alberta) is hosting their Fall Adoptathon. My friend Barb has sponsored a cage there in memory of Tyler and one in memory of her boy, Forrest. I'm very touched and extremely impressed with MEOW (Make Each One Wanted). Please check out the organization's Web site .

Also this month, two very special friends, Journey & Jenessa, are celebrating their birthdays on September 15. I'm going to Tennessee for a weekend party with my elementary school friends on September 18-20. Then on September 26 the National Book Festival is being held in DC and some of my favorite authors will be speaking. It's promising to be a very good month!

This month I'm going to try to be more consistent with my blogging. Today's pictures are ones I've "borrowed" from Jenessa. I'll have my own tomorrow :)

Jenessa, her mom (and my great friend) Susan, and the rest of their family live near Los Angeles. Jenessa sent pictures of the sky to show how thick the smoke from the wildfires is! Pretty scary stuff. I worry so much about all the animals unable to escape, not to mention those poor people who have watched their homes destroyed.


This is Jenessa's cat, Crackers. Whenever I go to visit Crackers is my reluctant "room mate." I'm pretty sure both of these pictures are Crackers wanting to see if I'm back! LOL

Noah (cat) and Bo Peep (dog) are also members of Susan and Jenessa's family. Aren't they sweet? Bo Peep is such a girl, she just loves anything pink. In fact, she's been known to claim pink things for her very own!

Thanks for stopping by and a big thanks to Jenessa for sharing her photographs. I hope you'll visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment