Thursday, October 28, 2010

Don't adjust your screen...

Today's blog is going to be picture free...

Yesterday I had my cable turned off. The reason was, of course, to save money. Last night I felt so lost - I had said goodbye to my Dolly and didn't have the distraction of mindless television. Which brought to mind the questions...how & when did I become so dependent on television? I used to be an avid reader but lately I've been sitting there soaking in brain-draining programming instead of reading.

My original plan was to purchase some kind of antenna or box to allow me to get local channels but have decided to see if I can do without television for at least 30 days. If I can, I may not get the antenna. If I can't, I may have to find a 12-step program.

This will be an opportunity to see how I can better use my time. People lived for centuries without 24/7 television. Surely I can too. I figure I will use this blog to not only ramble about the stuff I've rambled about since the beginning but also to track my progress on this challenge.

Stay tuned for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment