Friday, October 29, 2010

In my little town...

Hello again,

Yesterday was my first tv-free day. I had plans to attend a Dinner & Hearthscares meet-up with some ladies last night so I decided since I was going to be downtown anyway, I'd just go early and visit the library - get some books to entertain me in place of television.

By now you've probably discovered that I go NOWHERE without my camera and yesterday was certainly no exception. I started off at the James White Fort where the Hearthscares tour would begin. I wanted to purchase my ticket early to save headaches later. The woman @ JWF kindly agreed I could leave my car there for the afternoon. The fort is only about 4 blocks from the eastern edges of downtown Knoxville. It was a beautiful day. So I set off on foot. Here are a few of the things I saw...

In all honesty, I am not sure what this building is used for. It wasn't here when I lived in Knoxville before. I've heard that it's where they hold federal court. And just like my friend Bonnie, I love towers. I think I took pictures of this one from every possible angle and was trying to figure out how to get on some rooftops to capture more.
Rooftops of garages are a good spot for getting skyline views and that is where this photo came from.

You know you're in a sports-loving town when they put basketballs on the roofs. This is the Basketball Hall of Fame. I guess you have to love basketball to want to go there. I don't.

I liked the colors and contrast in this picture. Plus it gives you an idea of the hills. I learned to drive a stick-shift on these roads. Now you understand why I say 'if I can learn to drive a stick-shift, I can do anything'?


This window is so much prettier than the picture shows - I just couldn't get a good angle. I was in a courtyard of the church. There's a courtyard labyrinth there that is open to the public. Have you visited a labyrinth? If not, please find one near you (labyrinthlocator.com) and go - walking a labyrinth is so peaceful.

I love the colors of fall in East Tennessee. Being a city of hills makes photography fun too. These trees are in a parking lot. I love being under the limbs and taking pictures upward. Until I started doing this I had never noticed how the outer leaves change colors while the inner leaves remain green. Interesting how nature works, isn't it?
I have other pictures I'll share at another time but just wanted to spend a few minutes with you - sharing my yesterday. I hope your week went well and that your rapidly approaching weekend will hold lots of fun time doing things you love. I want to hear about your life. Please drop me a line or leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment