Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Abundance

Hello My Friends,

As the New Year rapidly approaches my excitement builds. You see, I've allowed 2010 to get me down. Yes, allowed. Because although I couldn't control some of the things that happened in my life, I had the choice as to how to respond. And I'm not proud of some of those choices I made.

And now I'm ready to reclaim my power. To rediscover my spirit. To fly. To soar. No excuses. Now to some of you (and maybe even to me) this may sound like the whole 'new year's resolutions' routine. For me the difference is in the INTENTION. I plan to take one day at a time but I have a plan.

This year I am embarking on a journey of creativity. I've committed (to a friend and to myself) to a 365 project. It's actually a two-fold project. Each day I will do one creative pursuit - there may be a theme some weeks or it may just be whatever moves me on a given day. AND I'm starting a 365 photo project.

One of my friends commented that for her it would be a burden and that she has to focus on her job search. I completely understand that this might not be something that appeals to everyone. Heck, my friend Journey has encouraged me to do this for years before the time actually seemed right for me. Heaven knows that I too must place my job search in a priority position.

BUT that is exactly why I'm undertaking this creativity project NOW. Because my decision to do so is an affirmation of ABUNDANCE. I could say 'oh, I don't have time.' But I do. I have 24 hours in my day, just like everyone else. By MAKING time to do something creative every day I am acknowledging the abundance of time to do this and to do my job search (and eventually my JOB). I could use the lack of funds as an excuse. But I believe that what I need will be available and the ability to create within the bounds of my financial limitations will be a good exercise for other financial decisions.

I feel that this creativity project will give me a break from the 'shoulds' that chase me when I am hunting for a job. It will give me a window of time that I come out of my fear of joblessness and focus on that which I can control.

I do feel like taking on this project will give me a sense of being in control of some part of my life. Because anyone who has ever spent any time doing a job search knows that the ultimate "you're hired" announcement can only be decided by someone outside ourselves. I can do my best but I can't MAKE someone hire me. This project will put me in charge of an aspect of my life. What do you do to feel in control when life tosses things into your path?

What are YOUR plans for 2011? I'd love to hear all about them.

Looking forward to a rewarding and abundant New Year. And wishing all of you the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment