Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun times and jammie-days

Hello again. Happy Monday.

Do you know one of the worst things about looking for a job? Other than the lack of money and the rejection, of course. It's that "should" feeling. When you're happily settled into a job or career you can plan your days off to be spent in a million different ways (some fun, some chores, etc.). When you're looking for a job, it's harder. I was recently talking to a friend who is also job-hunting right now about how it feels like something never checked off the old to-do list.

I've read that Oprah Winfrey has Sacred Sundays. Days where she puts all "shoulds" and "musts" aside and spends the day recharging her spirit. The article reported that sometimes those Sundays are spent in jammies.

Much to my regret, I don't have Oprah's money but that doesn't mean I can't take a page out of her book and enjoy a Sacred Sunday (or Monday, or...) Perhaps recharging my spirit and having fun would put a different, better energy into my job search which could be conducted on a 6-day-per-week schedule instead?

Please tell me, my friends...what is YOUR idea of the perfect day? What do you do for fun? And do you make time for it regularly or is it something you look back and think "hmmm, when was the last time I had fun?"

No comments:

Post a Comment