Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering

In 1998 Randy & I were living in Florida. We went to New Jersey for Thanksgiving and I begged (and nagged) to go to New York, because I had never been. On Friday morning (Black Friday, mind you) we drove to Jersey City and took a water taxi across to Manhattan. We arrived at a dock and I looked upwards to see two of the tallest and most amazing buildings I'd ever seen.

After a day spent fighting the crowds, we took the water taxi back. From Jersey City, I took this picture of the buildings where we had entered the city.

I fell in love with Manhattan that day - a love that has never faded or waivered! After moving there, I went as often as possible. On Friday, September 7, 2001 my friend Mavis and I went up for the day. I've often thought of two tourists we met from Atlanta. Two young women who were excited about all of their plans to see all of the landmarks over the next few days. I wonder where they were on 9/11. I hope they were safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment