Saturday, September 25, 2010

As different as day and night...

Hello again,
For those of you who know how terrified I am of mountain roads, you may find it a bit surprising that I went to the mountains last night. A new friend from the photography class offered to driv and I was happy to join her. (If you're reading this Sharon, thank you again!)

Here are a few of the images I captured.
I consider these to be baseline photographs, something to measure my progress against.
The two areas near the top of the picture that look like smoke or clouds are actually lakes!

I liked the different shades of green and blue in this picture, and the way the sun hit parts of the mountain, like a spotlight.

Just as the sun was setting the batteries in my camera decided they had had enough. I was scrambling to get them changed. I'm glad I finished in time to get this shot.

Love the golden glow of sunset. In the forefront of this picture there are two trees. Many of the trees in the Smokies were damaged by beetles and as a result look skeletal.

With only a 20 minute wait from sunset to moonrise, the power photographers (you know the ones who sport the telescopic lenses that are approximately the size of a rocket launcher) lined their tripods up on the far eastern edge of the overlook. I'm glad because it left me farther back. Through the viewfinder I couldn't really see the trees so I was very pleasantly surprised when processing this image.


I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures. I certainly enjoyed taking them.








3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! You should post them on your photo blog! Girl...how are you keeping up with two blogs? Good Lord, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindy!

    Bonnie, I finally *found* your comment, sorry I had missed it before now!

    ReplyDelete