Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Inconvenience Yourself Day

Okay...I admit it...I have a lot of time on my hands (I consider THAT a good thing!) One of the things I enjoy doing with the extra time I have is finding interesting or trivial things on the Web. "Prowling" on the Internet is fun for me, so much so that I sometimes schedule it as a relaxation tool!

Two years ago I decorated a bulletin board in the library using Earth Day as the central theme and in the process found several obscure holidays (National PB&J Day is one of my personal favorites). Every day is a holiday if you look hard enough. Check out the Holidays on the Net Web site to find holidays you want to celebrate!

Today (February 25, 2009) is Inconvenience Yourself Day. Ways to celebrate include random acts of kindness and planned acts of kindness. A group that I belong to recently discussed ways to improve our spirits and one of my favorite ways is to perform a random act of kindness! Planned acts of kindness can be just as rewarding! Have a happy Inconvenience Yourself day!



Toby, the epitome of a 'fraidy cat...hides when he sees birds on the porch! He's a sweet and funny boy and best of all...he LOVES his "mama" (that's me!)







Toby is proof that age and weight are just a numbers. This 10 year-old cat firmly believes he's still a little kitten. Some mornings my "wake-up call" comes in the form of a 15-pound mushball stretching out on my back while licking the side of my face. Other mornings he plays "q-tip" on the bed. If you've never experienced the game, the rules are as follows...smack the q-tip; smack it again; pounce on it; knock it off the bed; jump and get it; jump back on the bed and begin again. From a sleepy-person point of view it feels much like a three-year old bouncing lightly on the bed. It's a very effective wake-up strategy.

Update on Day 1 of "Complaint Free Living" - While not completely successful, I am happy to report I only had to switch my bracelet a few times yesterday, which represents a serious improvement from previous attempts. I'll let you know how "whine-free Wednesday" goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment