Thursday, February 18, 2010

Amazing beauty

Hello again,

I'm so excited as I write this that I can hardly stand it...

I was just out on my back deck enjoying the glorious sunset over the pond (yes, we've had sun today - that in itself is enough to bring me great joy). As I was standing there a small bird flew to the edge of the railing and perched about 10 feet from me. At first glance I thought it was a robin because of the rusty breast feathers. But then I noticed the striking blue around the edges of it's wing feathers. I'm not certain but I believe it was a female bluebird! I've seen bluebirds several times this past week! If they are the birds of happiness it seems only fitting that they have appeared in my life now, right? And ironically enough just last week I received a letter from Journey that had a photograph of a magnificient bluebird on the cover.

Since I didn't have my camera handy when my flighty little visitor made her appearance I'll share some of the other shots I captured yesterday and today.



These pictures were taken as I was driving through a neighborhood about a mile from my house. As you can see, there is quite a bit of snow in the Smokies this year.

Pictures from the Porch - Day #3 (no pictures were made yesterday)

Morning


Early morning photo - on clear days there is a perfect reflection onto the pond of the houses behind me.

Sunset

Sunset - a flock of 17 geese enjoyed a sunset dinner cruise. Did goose #17 feel like odd-man-out I wonder?


This graceful couple were dining in my neighbor's backyard!

I pinch myself that I am finally living on my own and in such a state of happiness and amazing beauty.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day has been filled with awe-inspiring moments and that you have a wonderful evening.
Whisker moments will return in my next blog...
Lots of Love




No comments:

Post a Comment