Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ice Cream Cone scars

Hello & Happy Tuesday.

I was talking to my sister earlier. I'm pleased to report that we've become pretty close again since mom died last year and even more so since I returned to Knoxville. We were discussing funny/embarrassing moments and she told me I should blog about one of them. When I was in elementary school (probably 5th grade) she had taken me to see Fiddler on the Roof. For some reason my mom didn't believe in going to the movies on Sundays but she thought that we were going to see a play and that was okay (I'm sure there is rationale in there somewhere but even today I don't exactly follow int). Anyway, after the movie (gasp) Karen took me to Baskin Robbins. We both ordered Strawberry Shortcake ice cream and as I took my first taste the scoop of pink and white ice cream fell from the cone, went skidding across the floor and landed a hair's width from a gentleman's white patten leather loafer. I was mortified and to make matters worse the shine white shoes were worn by Bill Battle who was, at that time, the head football coach for the University of Tennessee! It's been over 30 years since that fleeting moment. But if you ever go out for ice cream with me, please don't laugh when I ask for mine in a cup!

Pictures from the Porch - Day #2
I loved the color of the sky - especially remarkable since it was snowing quite hard when this shot was captured.

I have some very nice neighbors, including a lovely flock of geese. I know that people say geese pollute ponds but I love them. It was a real highlight for me the day I realized there are geese on the pond. I look forward to watching them throughout my time here at my sweet little house.

If the sun ever makes another appearance I'll try to get a sunset photo from the porch.
Who needs catnip when you can have drinking straws? Toby instructs his brothers on the proper way to play with a straw.


I hope you have a relaxing evening. The Olympics have preempted my favorite Tuesday night program (The Biggest Loser) but at least I have American Idol to look forward to tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment