Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm baaaaaaack

A belated Happy 2010...
I've been meaning to blog for months now but it took longer than I expected
to get settled in and to find all of the things I needed - like my camera batteries and
cable connector.
I'm happily moved into my new house and loving being back in Knoxville.
It had been more than 18 years since I lived here and I really anticipated having
a hard time getting used to being back "home." As it turns out...there's no place like home.
Probably even more amazing is that I'm quoting Dorothy, considering how much I hate
the Wizard of Oz, but I digress.
Since returning I've spent quite a bit of time with some of my oldest (as in most long-term) and
dearest friends and have enjoyed reconnecting with others through Facebook. I've set some goals, like finally learning to cook and getting into better shape. I joined a gym last week and am looking into taking some yoga or tai chi classes.
I recently had the opportunity to meet with renowned psychic Bobby Drinnon. That's been something I have wanted to do for years and it was everything I imagined. He encouraged me to pursue my love of photography and to learn as much about the art as possible. If any of you amateur or professional photographers out there that can share tips with me I'd be so grateful!
Here's one shot I took of the 'freezing fog' we had last week. It was so spectacular but I just couldn't get the lighting right!

Another thing I've had fun with is finding furniture for the new house. My super-special friend Karen has helped me with the task. She has impeccable taste. We found this chest/cabinet at Kirklands. It was pretty hysterical seeing us try to manuever it into her truck. Neither of us has reached great vertical proportions and so just climbing up into the truck was a feat into itself. Giggling and laughing has always been a part of my friendship with Karen, not to mention being able to call on her for any number of things! I'm so lucky.

Karen and I also spent an entire day going from furniture store to furniture store, test-driving a bunch of sofas. Once again her understanding of life as a vertically challenged person came in handy. Our litmus test on all of the sofas was whether or not our feet touched the floor while sitting on them.
I fell in love with this picture - it reminds me so much of my favorite place on Earth - Tuscany. My friend David helped with the hanging of pictures. David has always been a height person in my life. When we were in 1st grade he had to lift me up so that I could drink out of the water fountain. He's still my #1 'tall friend'! How in the world would I have managed without my network of friends?


My greatest joys in life are still my kitties. Dandy loves a good snuggle and squirms around until he's comfortable.

Dolly has decided there is nothing better than Kraft Singles cheese and every time I go near the
kitchen she runs to wait at the refrigerator door. If she ever learns to open the door I am in big trouble.
I haven't captured any new photos of Toby or Daisy but will work on that soon.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you are happy, healthy & loving 2010!







1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO yoga and your house is looking great. Squeeze the kitties for me.
    Lorin

    ReplyDelete