Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A reflection

Hi Dear Readers...

I've heard it said that the home is a reflection of the residents' spirit(s). This saying must be true. My house is a mess.

As a teen I always had the messiest room. Typical. Then when I was married (first time) my housekeeping habits improved. After my divorce it went down hill. Until I got a roommate. Then during the 2nd marriage I generally did a fairly decent job of keeping the house looking somewhat decent. Randy was much more into it than I was so I admit he did the lion's share.

When I moved here I started out keeping the house feeling homey and welcoming. Even it if it was just ME that was here, at least I felt welcomed. Lately though I can't seem to keep that up. It just seems like too much trouble.

This is NOT something I'm proud of. I've signed up for Flylady again. If you don't know Flylady check her out... Flylady.Net. The free site includes daily reminders about home maintenance tasks, menu planning, etc.

So far the reminders just sit, unread, in my email box until I go through and delete them.

What suggestions do you have, my friends, for developing habits that support the life you wish to live? I want a warm, friendly, cozy home and spirit.

I hope you are preparing to enjoy a holiday season of beauty, surrounded by love, light, laughter.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment