Saturday, April 18, 2009

Going door to door...

Happy Saturday! The weather here has been perfect today. I hope you are enjoying nice weather wherever you are today! I think the weather has given me a boost of energy. This morning Randy brought down all of our storage boxes out of the attic and I sorted through them to determine what can go out in the yard sale next week! I was finished with that before 9 a.m. so I went out and ran errands! With the sunroof open and the sun shining I was enjoying driving around, getting things done! To take further advantage of the beautiful temps, I went for a walk. As you probably have realized by now, I don't often take walks without my trusty side-kick the camera! Hey, remember how when we were young we always named our cars? I think I should name my camera. Suggestions, please? So...these pictures came from different points around the neighborhood.


I know this picture is blurry but I kinda liked it that way! It's in my next-door neighbors' yard so I could go take a clear one but decided this is my interpretation!















I like the designs nature has created on these two tree limbs!













I can't imagine how this made its way to the hilltop on the walking path! It's under a tree and at first looked like some sort of marker!




Look...an Easter Egg tree! I didn't know Easter Eggs grew on trees, did you? The homeowner was working in her garage. When I asked if I could photograph this tree, she asked if I wanted her to shut the garage door! Our neighborhood is pretty big and the people I talked to today were total strangers!




You may remember I recently mentioned my neighbor's Zen garden that I was so impressed by? While walking today I saw Matt (as he introduced himself) outside working on his car, so being the shy one that I am (I really WAS shy as a kid...hard to believe now, I know) I asked if I might take pictures. He was so sweet...walked me in to the yard, offered to move things around to make the shots easier, answered questions, and left me with permission to photograph anything I wanted! Aren't people nice???








Hey, Mavis...the official name (not the Latin one) for this tree is a "swamp Magnolia!" according to Matt!














Are they still "daffodils" if they are white and yellow? Someone recently asked me and I don't know! Guess I'll have to google, unless someone here knows!










Do you remember the lovely summer sound of the ice cream truck? There have been a few times this week that I've heard it passing through the neighborhood but thought it would be unseemly to go chasing after it like I did as a kid! After seeing the sundaes listed here, I might change my mind! No boring ice cream sandwiches on this truck! He promised he'd be back in the neighborhood next weekend!




"What is it with you and that camera, mom? You just keep interrupting my naps," Dolly said grumpily!
Okay, so not everyone enjoys my pictures but I hope you did! The lesson I learned today is that people around here are very open and friendly. I wonder what it would be like to do a blog in a less friendly area?
I hope you're doing something that makes you happy this weekend! I look forward to hearing all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment