Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Life's happy surprises...

Hello again! How's your day? We seem to have fast-forwarded through spring and ended up in summer here. Today's the fourth day of record-breaking or near-record-breaking heat! I'll just say that of the four seasons, summer is my least favorite! I hear there's snow in Calgary though! Okay, that must be a shock.

I've been experiencing happy surprises this week. On Saturday I found a book I really wanted at Borders (I had a gift card that I'd been saving for something really special!) and I was happily surprised to find they had a 25% coupon!

Here are a few of my other happy little surprises...







These gorgeous flowers were a wonderful birthday surprise from my friend Susan in California. The amazing thing is she had no idea that yellow flowers are my favorite! I especially love yellow roses!



Two of our ferals...posing as bookends. I guess cats know how to parallel park! :)








A couple of years ago the large tree in our front yard died and had to be removed. Before going to the nursery to purchase a replacement, I walked around the neighborhood and picked a blossom off a tree I admired. We showed it to the guy who sold us a scrawny little tree...I thought it would never bloom. Then over the weekend I suddenly noticed that we have color! WooHoo! In case you're wondering, this is a Flowering Crabapple tree. The blooms are a deep magenta although they look more pink in these pictures! It's gorgeous.




It's always a surprise to find Toby cozied up in the carrier because he hates to travel! The few times he's had to ride in the car he howls with every breath he takes! One of us is going to need drugs when we move!


(I love how he crosses his little paws!)



Thanks for stopping by to visit. I hope you're enjoying life's beautiful little surprises wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment