Monday, April 6, 2009

"Joy Points"

Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a fantastic start. My friend, Mavis, recently coined a phrase that I love: "joy points" are the moments in a day when you feel...Joy! It can be something small or something large, but when you get the feeling of "ahhh, that was a happy moment" then you have encountered a "joy point" (forgive me if I don't do the phrase justice in explaining it Mavis!)

I wanted to share some of today's joy points...



I went to the grocery store and made my usual pilgrimage into the flower section. I was admiring an arrangement of white daisies that were in a bouquet with a blue hydrangea. As I turned to leave the section I spotted a bouquet of yellow daisies! They made me smile so much I had to bring them home with me! There were enough for two arrangements! The one on the left brightens my living room. Some of the smaller stems were lost in the vase so I cut them and put them in a smaller vase. I love the way the yellow flowers and cobalt blue vase brighten my kitchen window sill. It was a dreary day and they added some much needed color!




A new, decadent treat I discovered at Borders...Lindor dark chocolate, raspberry truffles! They are joy points for the mouth! And since I had a gift card, I was able to purchase an entire bag - which I will be rationing out!





One of my "themes" for the year is "Freedom" so my friend Journey suggested that I keep a freedom journal - to clarify in my own mind what freedom looks like to me. I purchased a plain drawing pad and used scrapbook paper and stickers to create My Freedom Journal. I love the paper with bubbles on it! Blowing bubbles is a joy point moment for me & I had a lot of fun creating this journal.

I took a similar book and made a
Journal of Possibilities (like Queen Latifah's Book of Possibilities in the movie The Last Holiday)

I enjoyed looking through my stickers and papers to find the decorations for this journal!









Another joy point for me is this candle I have sitting on my desk. It has a honeysuckle fragrance. When I was a kid we always had honeysuckle growing on an area by our driveway. The smell of honeysuckle reminds me of early mornings playing outside! I guess I've always been a morning person!

And of course...one of my greatest joys...Tyler. He would probably tell you that one of my joy points is annoying him with the camera! Since I bought my digital camera the cats' naps have been disturbed much more frequently.
So those are some of my joy points for the day! What things have brought you joy today? I hope that every day is full of joy points for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment