Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sunset Blues

This week has been a sad one around our house. Our appointment to have Tyler put to sleep was at 6:30 on Tuesday evening. By 7pm we had said our farewells and our sweet baby had crossed the Rainbow Bridge. In a way it was a fitting time...just as the light was leaving our day so too was the light of my Tyler leaving our family! Each day since I've found myself growing sadder as dusk approaches. I know that Tyler is in a much happier, healthier place and that he would not want me to experience the Sunset Blues. So today I decided to take a walk. One of the things that always provides me with pleasure is taking pictures. Here are a few things that I saw...





This tree is in a neighbor's yard. Every year I take a picture of it. They probably wonder why I don't just get my own tree!



















I admit that I can't tell the difference between a crow and a raven. Whichever one this is, it was beautiful against the blue sky.







The largest cluster of daffodils I've seen blooming together. It makes such a dramatic statement to see them like this. The Dutch say that Americans always want to plant flowers like "soldiers in a row." I agree this is more striking!








During meditation recently I had the thought that "it's all in my hands" so when I saw this petal lying on the ground it caught my eye! Interestingly enough I couldn't see a tree nearby that would have this bloom! (I know...I know...I need a manicure LOL)






It's hard to tell but this is a bicycle tire way up in the crook of a very tall tree! Somedays I feel equally out of place!



















I'm not sure what this tree is but I love the pureness of its white blossoms!













The many colors of Dolly


Thanks for stopping by and for all of your love and support this week! Have a wonderful Easter, or as my friend, Susan, says "wishing you chocolate smiles and jelly bean grins!"

No comments:

Post a Comment