Thursday, February 10, 2011

I wish I had thought of that...

Hello again. Happy Thursday. I'm really glad you stopped by.

As you probably have realized from my blogs, I haven't been getting out much lately. It's been cold or I've not had anything I wanted to do or no one to do anything with or.... fill in whatever whiny excuse I've had that day. LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I love my alone time. A lot. But like with anything else moderation is the key. So when weeks went by without any human interaction other than going to the supermarket, the bank, the post office, and the vet, I figured that unless I suddenly gained a fortune to rival that of Howard Hughes, I'd better get out and mingle.

It's not always easy to find things to do, so may I just say that whomever created Meetup.com was a genius?!? Seriously. In this world where people are busy doing a 1000 different things what a marvelous concept for allowing people to find other people with a common interest. I wish I had thought up Meetup.com.

I'm sure some are better than others but so far my experiences have been mostly positive. Are you in any Meetup groups? If so, what do you think? Do you have any stories to tell? I'd love to hear them.

One of my friends suggested it would be nice to see some Cat Whiskers here since that is (or at least was) part of the initial plan. I have to admit that I've not been taking as many cat pictures lately. The reason for this? Well, frankly, the kitties just are not cooperative... for example my photo today was going to be "See why I don't get anything done around here?" using this picture...
Unfortunately, Toby realized there was somewhere else he would rather be. These guys give me an entirely new appreciation for the photographers who put together those cute little kitten calendars every year. A friend used to say getting a group of us organized during social gatherings was like "herding cats." I get it now!
Thanks again for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment