Thursday, February 3, 2011

That's more like it...

Hello again,

I had such a good experience today that I just had to share it. Earlier this week I was contacted about doing some tutoring for a 3rd grader. Today was our first session. I was nervous because it's been a while since I did any "teaching" type work.

I met my student (whom I will call "D") at a public library. One of his parent's joined us for the initial meeting. "D" is one of the nicest kids I have ever met. Excellent manners, fabulous attitude, and clearly really interested in doing well. Just a true pleasure to be around.

This young man reminded me of why I want to work with kids. Obviously not all kids are this great but when you find one or two that are it makes it seem worthwhile.

Today was such a HUGE change from my most recent job. Like night and day. Instead of coming home dreading going back (as I did daily at that last place) I am eagerly anticipating working with "D" and am convinced that he will be a fabulous student. Yay!

I hope your day was full of moments that seemed right to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment