Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sometimes I forget...I love being a student

Hello. Happy Sunday. I hope your weekend was all you had hoped it would be. Did you do anything fun? Are you rested and ready for a new week?

I spent most of the day trying to learn something new - a challenge I had taken on in order to be more marketable in the job field. It has been several years since I was a student. And I had forgotten how much I love being a student. I've asked myself today what was it that I loved about being a student. I enjoyed interacting with other students. I enjoyed having professors who challenged & encouraged me. It was always a surprise when I actually exceled at something. I never lost the joy of seeing a bright red "A" at the top of a test or reading the notes the professors usually write on the last page of a paper. I also adored the newness of every semester. Or as Meg Ryan said in "You've Got Mail" - "a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils."

That's not to say that all aspects of learning are pleasant. Today I struggled to find the perfect solution to an obstacle I was encountering. But sometimes having those hills to climb makes the success of it all the sweeter!

So tell me...do you love or hate school? Is learning fun & exciting to you or a chore that you prefer to avoid? I hope that I never lose my love of learning.

And I have to share this Cat Whiskers photo with you. I was taking a break today and decided to play with the camera. Dandy was so interested in what I was doing. Or rather he was so interested in the chord that hangs from my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment