Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stained Glass Bliss


Hello again. I'm glad you're here. How was your day?

As you probably know by now, I love stained glass. I think it's beautiful but even more I think it's impressive that people can make such intricate designs out of broken glass. I can't imagine having that kind of talent but that makes me appreciate other people's that much more. Are you like that? Is there an art form that you particularly admire? Is it something that you personally have tried? And if so, were you good at it?

The reason I'm writing about stained glass tonight is that I've had several opportunities to enjoy stained glass today. If you visit my Andiamo blog (shameless self-promotion at its finest here LOL), you saw the stained glass from the church I photographed today.

But that was just an appetizer. I went to a photography meet-up tonight. It was held at an old train station that has, in recent years, been used for restaurants & offices and is now being converted to a school. The meet-up was actually a portrait shoot but in all honesty I'm not a huge fan of portrait work. I prefer people to get out of my pictures LOL. You know what I'm talking about...you see a beautiful photo opportunity and somebody steps in front of you. But I digress. Back to the meet-up. The reason I went to this meet-up (besides just really liking to be around these people) was that the L&N Station is known for it's gorgeous architecture and fabulous stained glass. And it certainly didn't disappoint.

Several of the windows and most of the doors and the L&N logo in the glass. These were two of my favorites.


I have many more pictures taken tonight at the L&N but my computer is giving me problems so I'll save them for another time.


Thanks again for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment